Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A bit of snow ....

We had a bit of snow last evening.  Not much, thank goodness.   Now it is snowing VERY lightly out there again!  When will the snow end and spring get here so I can go camping?  I am ready to go (even though the camper isn't) and eager to go. 

We used to camp.  We even belonged to 3 camping clubs.  Most of the members were family and those that weren't actually family soon became as such.  The kids loved it when they were younger because they were the only kids and ALL the campers in our group treated them as grand kids and they all had special food/treats in their campers for them.  They soon figured out who had what so they knew who to visit when they wanted a particular thing.  Of course their Granny and Great-Grandma always had just about anything that they wanted so that was their first stops.  LOL

Now they are all grown up (41 and 36) so they won't be camping with us.  But I hope to take our grandson and a friend occasionally.  Sims is 15 now.  It really isn't possible or fair.  We didn't get him until he was almost 10 so we all missed quite a bit of his growing up.  But we have him now and we are enjoying him.

Still working on the red toe/speckled top socks.  I have a couple 3 inches to do on the leg and they will be done.  Then on to the next pair which will have a speckled toe and probably a solid blue top.

Still working occasionally on my Cathedral Window quilt.  When I have been sewing I have been making doll clothes on the machine.  I'll get back to the CW quilt in a bit.

We are talking with friends about a trip up in the New England states some time this spring or summer.  I'll wait until we get back to post about that.  No need to tell that I will be away from home.  You never know who might pick up on being away and come help themselves to your house.
I think it pretty foolish when people post on facebook that they are here and there with so and so.  It is just asking to be broken into.
Granted, a blog is different than facebook, but all the same, it is not a good idea to publicly announce that you  are not home.


All things chicken. lol  Found this at Tractor Supply last summer and loved it, just not the price.  It was $99.99.  Too rich for my blood.  

Have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment