Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It is chilly out there, folks!

I thought it would still be hot/warm down here in Virginia, but it is amazingly cool. I had to break out the long pants this morning. I hate having to start wearing long pants, I love my capris even though I am a shorty.

Sitting here in my hotel room I made a few pretties this morning. I had to go to the Wally-M to get some wire last night. I had brought the beads with me but the wire I brought was too heavy and it also was necklace memory wire so I could not do them yesterday.

One of these days I will learn how to take good photos. I just keep trying but somehow I just do not have the knack just yet. I will keep on keeping on.



My hand is also healing nicely. The bruisin is beginning to fade away. (Isn't the hotel room decor lovely behind my hand? LOL)

I have now bruised both of my hands so I can quit with the bruising. Don't you agree?

Boy oh boy, I need to cut those claws. When I knit my pinky finger on my right hand digs into my palm. I have to keep adjusting the way I hold my needles so that I don't make myself have a real boo-boo. It will have to wait until I get home, no nail file with me, just clippers.

Since my foot is not healing as quickly as the doctor would like it to be he put me on mega calcium tablets and I think that they are making my nails grow even faster than they usually do.

I have some finished socks to show you all.





This pair (below) is my favorite. They are made out of Tofutsies, my all time favorite sock yarn. I do so love that yarn. I checked in my stash and I have 9 balls of it, which is a lot since my entire sock stash is only about 20 pairs worth.





I have a skein of possum yarn that I need to wind and knit up. It maybe my new fave but I will only have one pair of it as it cost pretty dearly (over $35). It was a impulse buy. I just could not imagine possum so I had to get it. LOL. It does feel really soft though. I will probably make my next pair of socks out of it. Unfortunately I have no picture of it.



That is about all for now. 'Everyone have a nice day.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty stitchmarkers and great socks!
    Your hand looks a lot better! Just hope your foot will recover quickly too. Take care:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look nice and cushy! Got any arnica gel for the bruises?

    ReplyDelete