Friday, September 4, 2009

Poor Fred Carr.....

Poor Fred Carr. We decided to take all the plaster off of the wall (it was very loose we discovered) and use the brick behind it.
I tried ever so carefully to cut around him so we could take it down in one piece and frame it for display. I was doing so well when it all just crumbled. There was a large square nail right in the center of it and that is what caused it to crumble. I have the pieces and am going to try to piece them back but I don't have much hope that it will work. I did get a better closer picture before I started taking it down though. So a picture may have to do. :(

I don't have time to upload any pictures right now, but hopefully later this evening I will have the time to.

Things are going really well workwise in at the store. Since we decided to take the plaster down that means we don't have to try to patch the wall and then paint it. Now we just have to clean it up a bit and slap a couple coats of poly on there so it will be easier to clean when we need to do that.
We may be ready to paint the other wall by next week. I hope so. I am so anxious to get rid of the dirty blue that is on the walls now. We are thinking of going for a light green, in mint green or soft sage green. The trim will all be white as it is to intricate to try to clean off the many layers of color on it and just varnish it (which is what I would do if I had unlimited time to do it).

We are going to Cincy today to pick up a bakery case and an L-shaped stainless steel table. That will give up pretty much all the large equipment needed since we already have our oven, sink, and fridge. We still need to decide if we want a range or a burner. We think a range, but the cost will be the deciding factor.

Time to be off. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment