Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good grief......

Where did January get to? Can it be almost February already. I thought we just started this new year.

I finished up a pair of socks made from that new yarn from KnitPicks called Chroma. It is really beautiful yarn and nice feeling. The skein I had didn't have much twist to it so I really am not sure how it will wear. I made the socks with a short row heel which I had never made before so the socks ended up just a tad too long. It seems that if I make any heel except the Widdershins Heel I end up making my socks too long. Don't understand but there it is. So these socks may go into the gift basket.
I have another skein of it, but am thinking to maybe make a scarf out of it. It would feel really yummy around the neck and I wouldn't have to worry about wear issues with that.

I finished the back on my CelticCardigan . I have started on the fronts now. This is made out of my own homespun. Just hoping I have enough to finish it this time. I have already had to spin some more yarn. Maybe I should go back and get some more roving just in case. I doubt that K will sell the rest of it, but to make sure......

It is not snowing right now but they are predicting another snow or ice storm later this week. If I get to decide, give me snow. It is much easier to deal with.

I am so proud of myself. I actually did the link thing correctly to show the pattern for my sweater. Yay, me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Judy,

    This is twobrownears on Socknitters! I had wanted to try so Chroma but was not courageous enoght. What do you think of the yarn besides it not having a lot of twist?

    Your snow pics are...well..not at all like mine. I have just about 4 feet of snow at my place and more on the way beginning early Tuesday AM 1 Feb 2011. Ice is expected after that and then...rain. Wonderful way to begin 2011 I must say...

    Barb R.
    Shelton CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here...pouring down...and there's a strom predicted nearer the weekend...typical winter on the westcoast-LOL!

    Your cardigan will be beautiful! I really admire you for spinning the yarn yourself!

    Have a great February:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chroma is a single ply. I did not notice that when I bought it, I was blinded by the beautiful colors. LOL.
    I have finished the socks but since they are too long for me I am gifting them to my baby sis for her birthday.
    I'll tell her to let me know how they wear.

    ReplyDelete