Friday, June 3, 2011

SummerTime and random thoughts.....

Well, it is summertime by the temperature. It has been hot as can be here the last few days. I am not going to complain, though. It beats all the rain and cold that we had been having.

Yesterday it was up in the 90's, which may not sound too bad to some of you but that is way over what we should be having now. Today it is only going to be in the 80's. Since it is supposed to be so "cool" today I think I will try to get the lawn mown. D has decided to let me mow grass again. When I start having headaches and trouble breathing I am sure he will make me stop again. I really enjoy mowing. It was always my "quiet time" when the kids were young and at home. I would get on my mower with earplugs, a hat, sunglasses, and a mouth mask and just mow to my hearts content. The kids would leave me alone while I was mowing. :)

Kate is still hanging in there. I always have to help her when she goes to potty and I have to help her up more often, but we are doing ok. She will be 12 next Monday which is 90 in large breed doggie years.

I am knitting on the Omelet Shawl in a KAL and also doing WendyKnits Mystery Shawlette KAL. I have one more part for Wendy's shawlette and it will be done. The pattern will come out around 4:30ish today. The Omelet is coming along faster than I thought it would. I have made it all the way to Chart D and am about half way through that. I have the rest of it and Chart E to do and I will be done with it Chart E has 34 rows and about a gazillion stitches. The Omelet started small and ends big and the Mystery Shawlette starts big and ends small. I am not really sure which approach I prefer. It is nice to have each row grow less as you go along but then it is also nice to start small and get a feel for the pattern before you have a gazillion stitches.

We got the pool opened over the weekend. We still have not put the steps in. Maybe we will do that tonight. I wanted to get it all vacuumed before we put the steps in. The auto vacuum doesn't work too well after the steps are in. It always wants to hang up on them, silly thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment