Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Our first trip out in the new camper

I know this is titled first trip but I had to show my little Coley.  He had been down in the cellar nosing around.  He loves to go down there and given half a chance he is there.
 This is "Lily" the evening we brought her home.  Not a great picture but I was standing in the middle of the highway trying to get this picture so I was in a hurry and didn't really try to frame it and get everything in. 


This was as we were leaving for our first camp out.  Not a really good pic but you get the gist of it.  The one below is better.  She really looks good behind Dale's new (to him) truck.  He didn't really want a black truck but that was pretty much all he could find and it really looks sharp pulling the 5th Wheel.  Plus, Dale loves to wash and detail out a vehicle so black is right up his alley, since they need constant cleaning. 

  
I didn't take any pics at the campground.  I am about the world's worst at taking pics now.  I used to take pictures all the time.  I have loads of them but I guess I just got tired of looking at the world through a camera lense and just quit.  That happens sometimes.  
We went to Lake Snowden which is about 35 or 40 miles away.  We had to be in Athens on Sunday evening so this was our only choice to be able to camp and go to the meeting.   We took Betsie with us and she had a great time.  She got to take walks with Daddy so she was happy.  She is definitely Dale's dog.  She loves me, but I am forgotten in a second when Dad is around, lol.

We are going out again weekend after this coming one.  Going up around Indian Lake.  Unfortunately for us by then most of the campgrounds are out of season so we can only get electric.  No full hookup and no dump station.  We will manage. 

I hope I do better this time than the last trip.  I came down with a pretty bad sinus infection which meant lots of antibiotics and then I got sick and ended up in the hospital and then I caught a cold when I got home so I have pretty much been sick since the camping trip.  If I do that again Dale has threatened to sell the camper. He better not.  I just need to get used to camping again.  :)

I have the camper mostly packed.  It is a chore packing a camper from scratch.  Pretty much all of the stuff I used to have for camping is now gone.  I didn't think I would need it so it has been given away or sold at yard sale.  Oh, well.  I enjoyed buying the stuff for her.  Besides, when we camped before we had the kids young so we didn't have nice stuff in the camper.  Now we are older and camping alone so I told Dale we are now "glamping" lol

Still need to get inside pics of Lily to show just how pretty she is inside.  Maybe I'll do that this afternoon, and maybe I won't.


2 comments:

  1. VERY exciting and fun with your new camper--Lily looks great being pulled by the black truck...does truck have a name?! Hope you are feeling better, and enjoy more camping! Thanks for visiting at my place... I had forgotten you were in SE Ohio...for some reason I thought you were further south... LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO, I didn't name the truck as it is Dale's and I didn't think he would like it named. lol
      Slowly getting better, it just takes me time to get over things.
      It is turning cold now so I sometimes wish I was further south, but then I love the change of the seasons.

      Delete