Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Chick-a-biddies


 This is the day we got the chicks back in June.  They have grown a lot since then.They are no longer little fluff balls but full grown egg laying chick-a-biddies. 
This is some of the eggs.  As you can see we get all sizes of them and quite a few colors also.  My hens that are supposed to lay brown eggs really don't lay a true brown color.  They range from a soft blush to a soft pinky-brown.  I love the colors and I love the way they look in that small bowl. 

This is what they look like now.  I just took these pictures this morning.  As a matter of fact I disturbed them while they were taking their morning bath.  They are silly things but they are all healthy.


I have a mix of Ameracaunas, Black Astrolorps, Favarols, and Light Brahmas.  I also have a few older Buff Orpingtons from last year.  They are quite a colorful bunch.

Black Astrolorp

Favarol

Ameracauna



2 Light Brahmas

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful eggs, beautiful chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love going out to the chicken house to visit with the girls. They are so vocal to me. LOL

      Delete