Monday, March 5, 2018

I've done a bit of knitting recently....

 I have finally gotten back into the swing of socks.  Don't get me wrong, I have been knitting socks all along for the past several months, but I have been rather slow and lackadaisical about it.  One pair of socks actually took me 3 months to finish!!  That is totally pathetic.
 
This first pair of socks was started late December and finished up early January.  I "think" this yarn is Colinette Jitterbug in Toscana colorway.  At least this ball band was in my just finished basket..  The pattern is  Waterfall by Wendy Knits.  I really like this pattern as you will notice when you look at the next socks and the 5th pair.  It is an easy pattern to memorize and see where you are in the pattern without having to keep notes. 


 These were started mid January and finished up the first part of Feb. The beautiful grey is Silk Sock Handpaints, Handpainted by Cherry Tree Hill in color Ash.  It is a blend of 63% superwash merino, 18.5% merino and 18.5% bleached tussah silk. This is some yarn that I ordered off of eBay. Very soft and lovely to knit with. I think I will look for more.  


These were started next and finished in February.  This is  the same yarn as the above, just a different color.  I had a small brain storm when I went to cast these on and knitted the toes out of the yarn from the last pair of socks.  I was going to do heels and cuff also of the black/slate but there was not enough yarn and then I decided that for this year each new pair of socks would have toes from the pair before.  Lets me keep a timeline of when the socks were knit.  I know, silly, but you have to keep things fun, don't you?  The pattern is Tidalwave by O/C Knitiot Designs - Deby Lake  This is another easy to memorize and see where you are pattern.  Good for knitting on auto-pilot. It is also Silk Sock Handpaints  in the same blend. in colorway Red Dawn.

This pair was knit for a good friend who is diabetic and needed sleep socks that would not strangle her ankles and would keep her feet warm.  They are some superwash merino that I had in my stash.  It is Nashua Handknits.  it is 100 % Superwash Wool (50% merino. 50% wool). It is very  soft.  They only took about 3 days to knit.  A very fast knit.  I think these were the first pair of socks I made out of worsted.  Unless I make her more bed socks it will probably be the last pair also, lol   They were made in February.  They didn't get red toes since they are worsted and not fingering weight.



This is my current pair of socks on the needles.  I started them last Saturday night and just did the toe increases before laying them aside.  These are also Waterfall.  The pattern shows up much more in real life than in the photo.  The yarn is  Mrs. Crosby Loves To Play in the colorway Summer Bloom.  It is a blend of 75% superwash merino wool, 15% silk, and 10% cashmere.  Truly luxurious feeling.
I won/earned this yarn when I did The Camp Loopy Glamping way back in 2014. 



This is D's silly dog.  She went under the table in the laundry room when I went to clean out the litter pans.  She just sat there and looked at me.  When I moved the other litter pan she was trapped.  I figured she would tromp through the litter pan to get out, but she waited patiently for me to move it again.  

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY socks, Judy! That Waterfall pattern is really pretty. The short socks for your friend are so sweet--lovely color too. This inspires e so much, as I'm hoping this year is finally the year I "get" sock knitting! I've tried many, many times in the past, but have always fumbled and faltered. I have some sock yarn ready, and hoping it will be my spring/summer learning! And the whole knitting to socks at the same time--wow, that boggle my brain... haha! How sweet is D'd dog--too cute! Happy Days, Judy ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the time is right you will get socks. I also tried many times to do them and it just did not click. Then I watched a friend kntting socks and decided "I can do this" and I did. I started on DPN doing one sock at a time. When I saw magic loop I knew I had to try it and it is the only way to do socks as far as I am concerned. With DPNs you finish a sock and are so proud of yourself for doing it then all of a sudden you realize that you have to start all over again before you are "finished". That old second sock syndrome. lol
      Have a blessed week, Tracy. ((HUGS))

      Delete