Monday, July 16, 2007

A little bit of knitting and a little bit of sewing.

I started this post a week or so ago and was having connection problems so I saved it and never did get back to it. So now I will try to finish and publish the post.


Thanks to Pink Purl I have gotten into the notion to do some sewing again. I haven't really made anything in a long time. My second son (my son's best friend who calls me Mom) is getting married today so I decided to make a skirt and matching bag for today. They are finished but so far I have not taken a picture of them. Maybe I will have DH take a picture later this afternoon, and maybe I will just take a picture on them on the hanger. (still no picture, maybe later this week)

Here is some fabric that I saw and just had to have. The floral on top is the one I made the skirt and bag out of.












I have almost finished my first Tofutsie Sock club sock. Haven't started on the July sockamania yet. Maybe tomorrow. I really don't like to have two pair of socks on the needles at the same time, too much chance of mixing them up, lol.

Thanks to Tracy of HeritageCrafts I have joined the MS3 knitalong. Just joined today so I don't have the pattern, yarn, or beads. Well, I have the yarn in my stash just not sure what beads to get to go with it. Well, I may have joined but the site keeps telling me that I am not a member of the group and cannot look. Hmmmm, what should I do?

Hubby and I took a weekend trip to Cincinnati this past weekend. We left home around 8:30 Friday morning and came home last evening. We had a nice weekend. We had not taken a pleasure trip since last November when we went to Richmond VA to see my nephew get married. We were past due.


Sorry I don't have more pictures, I have been so busy that I have not had time to take any. Besides, hubby just bought me this laptop yesterday and I have not had a chance to put my camera software on here so that I would have pictures. I will try to post again in a day or so and have everything set up.


You all have a good night and week until we chat again.

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics and can't wait to see what you've been working on! Have you checked about the knitalong...hopefully they're registering your registration by now! Glad you had a weekend away--always good with a little getaway to recharge the batteries. Oh, congrats to your "extra son" on his wedding! And thank for the mention ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics and pretty patterns- I hope you post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete