Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A few pictures and a few more words.

Geez, it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. I have read others blogs but have not had the time to attend to mine.
So much has happened since I last was here. Most importantly I had a birthday!!Yay!
It has been really hot here. So hot that I called our boys out in the field to make sure that they were drinking enough water and being careful. It really surprised them that I did that. They are all around my son's age so I guess I just mother them.

The bags that I showed awhile back have inspired me to do more. I have a "sister" in PA that has a birthday next month and she loves hand made things from me. I went the other day and got some floral upholstery material and a satin stripe upholstery material and I am going to make her a bag for her birthday and a pair of socks if I can get them done.

On the sock front I am finished with the first sock of the August sockamania and have turned the heel on the second and am ready to pick up the gusset stitches. Five days have passed since I tried to post this and the socks are done. As you can see I have quite a bit of the yarn left over. Maybe enough to make a pair of socklets. I have to do some weighing and see. This yarn is a silk and alpaca blend and is really sock feeling. I love it. It was made in Springfield, Ohio which is not that far from me. Maybe I can get some more.
Hmmm, same socks just different time of day and look at the difference in the color. The one on the bottom is most like the socks really are.



I have started a baby sweater for my nephew and his wife's expected baby. The baby girl is due in September so I had better get cracking on it. It seems to be a pretty easy pattern. It is a fan and feather pattern and those go pretty fast.


It is 4:01 in the morning and I can't sleep because of an upset tummy. Must have been what hubby and I had for dinner as he just joined me downstairs and said that he is sick also. At least I did not cook dinner, LOL. We went out to eat.

Tracy, I had a snake visitor also. Back in July I took pictures of this little garter snake. Of course I live out in the country so snakes are expected. He was just crawling down our deck. I had not seen a garter snake around here in quite a long time. When our son was little we had them a lot, or maybe since he liked snakes he would just find them. And yes we taught him early on how to tell a poisonous snake because he was not a bit afraid of them and if he saw a snake he HAD to pick it up and bring it to show to his Daddy and I. Gotta love the little booger. He is now 30 and still likes snakes and loves to aggravate anyone who is afraid of them. Such a lovely child, LOL.

I think I have mentioned in the past that I have a commercial embroidery machine and had a business for about 10 years. I was trying to do some much needed embroidery work about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I broke a belt on the machine. I ordered the piece, got it in in about 3 days and then had to wait on my hubby to install it. He did after about a week, only thing is, he put the machine back together backwards. So I had to wait until he had time to fix it again. We finally did it tonight so I am back up and running. Now I need to get a bunch of shirts for our workers done. I plan to start on them tomorrow afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Yesss,you're back!
    But I don't like the look of that green stuff crawling all over your porch, though-LOL! Is it poisonous? We don't have many snakes around here, actually only one poisonous,and another totally harmless. Don't like them though!
    It would be fun to see a picture of one of those shirts you are about to embroider(-when you're done)Have a nice week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your garters snakes definitely look different than ours! (ours are sort of a herringbone black with a yellow stripe--definitely NOT all green!).

    What yarn and pattern on the socks? Those look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, and Judy of course, I think this is the Smooth Green Snake and not a Garter Snake. Here's the Green Snake, http://tinyurl.com/264xfj
    and here's a Garter Snake, http://www.gartersnake.co.uk/photographs.htm

    Whatever it is, it is beautiful!! We love snakes in our family. My 14 year old son has a water snake in captivity now but we hope to release it soon.

    Love your blog, found you through Crazy Aunt Purl, isn't she a hoot!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks. Are the two pics the same pair of socks? If it is it's amazing how light can change the look of the colours. Looks like you've knitted two pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I dont know if you will even get this but i think the sweater you mentioned might be what i am looking for. if it is an infant sweater made with a fan and feather pattern i would be interested in having the pattern if you were willing to share. thanks lareisbig@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete