Thursday, July 17, 2008

Foot Update

My foot is VERY sore and they can't seem to find a pain pill to help me. Hubs is on his way to the pharmacy to get me some new "drugs" to see if they will help.
All went really well with the surgery and I went back to the doctor this morning and he is pleased with the foot. I am very unstable on the crutches and have fallen onto it a few times but I have done no damage. He wants me to use a walker some as I am not doing well with the crutches.
Last evening I had gone out on the front porch to watch "our" owls. (We haved two or three owls out in our trees and they fly down into our front yard. It is a novelty to us even though we are out in the country. I want pictures of them.) I went on down to the sidewalk so I could see, which I couldn't, it was to dusky. When I was coming back up the steps to come back inside I somehow just went down, fast and hard. I went face first so I managed to keep my injured foot up and out of the way and I kept telling hubs and my MIL that I had not hit my foot. I just tore all the skin off of my left knee and skinned and scraped my right arm and hand, but I will survive.
My doctor sent me back to therapy for new crutches as he said the ones that I had were too long/high for me. They tried to get me some others but I am just a weird height and it was not possible. I am 5'1" and if they set the crutches to 5'1" they are too short and 5'2" they are too high. I guess I will just have to deal with it, or use the walker.
Enough whining. I am going back to my couch to lie down again. Remember me in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. wishing you a most speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been in pain, J. Hoping very much you'll be on the mend soon--that that pain susbides. Be resting and taking good care. Thinking of you... ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely prayers and hugs. Arnica gel is very good for TLC (thumps, lumps and contusions).

    ReplyDelete