Monday, July 14, 2008

My Foot

Tomorrow morning at 8:30 I have my bunion taken care of. Before I went to the doctor about it I thought that a bunion was just a calcium bump on your big toe bones. I know better now. It is actually a malformation of the bone and is hereditary. My Granny and my Mom both had/have bunions and I got "lucky" enough to inherit them.



These are my Celtic Cable Heel socks from Sockamania. You can't really see the cables in this photo. (I really need to work on my picture taking ability, or lack thereof)

These are made of YarnSmith's Silk Soc. They are 70% nylon and 3% silk. They feel just heavenly. They were knit ML toe up.

It is after 11 pm and my "babies" meatloaf breakfast just finished baking so I had better toddle off to bed and get a bit of sleep before I have to rise and shine in the morning.

I'll check back in in a day or two.

Everyone have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow! My grandmother had painful bunions for year, poor soul...I hope I won't inherit these! ;o) The socks are gorgeous...Soothing to feet fresh from surgery...Thinking of you ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOpe you survived the bunion op. sounds painful.

    ReplyDelete