Sunday, June 10, 2007

Knitters Connection

Oh, my goodness!! It was fabulous!! I loved it!! lol Can't you tell?

When we walked into the room I just stopped and looked and around then turned to my hubby and said, "This is just too much!" He just laughed at me.

Anyway, first things first. I went to pre-registration to sign in and they gave me my members goodie bag. It was MUCH more than I had thought it would be. Here it is all in the bag.



And here is all the loot out of the bag:


I would say that the bag was worth the $10 it cost me to take membership in The Knitters Connection.

There are two magazines, one knit and one crotchet, a nice cardstock pattern of a purse, another pattern to make up a scarf out of left over yarn bits, and a notecard.

Quite a haul, Lol.



This is the yarn that I bought there.
The turquoise on the far left is a cotton that I bought to make a summer top. It was originally $8.75 a skein but at the show it as TWO skeins for $7.00. That made my top a lot cheaper than I had thought it was going to be.
The next yarn by it is 100% alpaca. It was so lush that I had to get enough to make a scarf or two. (My hubby talked to the lady who had the booth and I really do believe that he is going to buy an alpaca from her. I will keep you updated on that front.)


The next two skeins are a silk/nylon mix for socks. and the final one is a silk/alpaca mix that hubby bought for me for some socks for me.

And of course in the back of the pile is another skein of Tofutsies that I went over to the Yarn Market beforehand and bought to go along with the one that I already have since I can get 3 socks from a skein of it.

I splurged once more and got the book Favorite Socks. It is a really lovely book with loads of nice sock patterns in it. Now to get More Favorite Socks.

Believe it or not, I didn't even spend all of the money that I had saved up to spend. I came home with $40. So I will put that away for the next yarn excursion.

I also joined a sock yarn club with Yarn Grove for limited edition Tofutsies yarn (Jane is such a nice person. I am sure the others are also, but she is the only one I've dealt with. We spoke on the phone yesterday for quite a bit. Thanks, Jane, for being so helpful.)I did this online, not at the Connection.

This is a pair of sock made from SWTC Bamboo yarn. Since they are made out of sportweight they are a bit heavy but that is ok. The pattern is called Curvy Lace and I found it in a Creative Knitting magazine. I used size 3 bamboo DPN. This was the first sock pattern that I ever knitted. No starting off with an easy ribbed sock for me, LOL. Really, it is an easy pattern to knit. They are supposed to be for my older sister but they feel so luxurious that I am not sure, LOL. Time will tell. Now I need to make some socks for my younger sister.

5 comments:

  1. I'll have another go at this! My computer is acting strange these days- I'm afraid it has something to do with the kids playing a game a neighbourkid brought along- I don't like it at all!!!What I was going to say, is that it looks as if you've had a grand time! Good for you! I'm rather envious-LOL!
    The yarns look great, so does the socks and that doily beneath it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those goodies...I'm drooling--LOL! Fab treats & yarn...Hope you get that alpaca--they are so sweet, and think of the fleeces! Super socks...Happy Knitting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, you *did* get a haul! Love all of it, especially the turquoise cotton. Yum.

    Bamboo socks look fabulous. Wow, you really tackled those, Judy. Way to go!

    I enjoyed talking with you yesterday as well and thank you for the kind words. For sure, keep us posted on the alpaca purchase. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, some gorgeous treats there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like you had a great time at Knitter's Connection. I am sorry I missed seeing you in the market!

    ReplyDelete