Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What hubby's dog did to my mulch...

Hubby has a cute little mutt dog that just showed up here one Saturday about a year ago and has been tearing things up ever since. Good thing we both love the little mutt.

About 2 weekends ago we bought 20 bags of mulch for me to put on my flower beds. Before I got it all spread, Susie had chewed on nearly all of the bags and spread a little of the mulch out. Not to worry, I had had hubby put the bags into one of the flower beds so it was no problem to just move the mulch around a bit and things were fine.

Well, I didn't have enough mulch so last weekend we went and bought another 20 bags. This time we put 16 of them in the garage in my pull wagon and hubby put 4 bags out in the lawn in front of one of the flower beds, this was around 8:30 or 9:00 in the evening. Most of the evening Susie was in the house but around 10 I let her out to potty. When I went to call her in she did not come immediately so I went to the front door to call her. I saw this awful mess in the yard where the bags had been, I thought it had to be just a shadow, but I walked out in the yard to see. And here is what I saw:
I had a few more pictures but my camera would not let me download them to my computer. I think maybe it was because my batteries were weak. I just tried to go take a few more pictures and the camera died, so I put it on charge and maybe I will get a few pictures tomorrow. I know, it is terrible but I just have not had time to do the weeding and mulching. I was going to do it this evening, but it is hot and muggy and I am doing this and knitting instead.
Here is a picture of one of my flower beds in front of the house. I am not much of one for annual flowers. I go more for the shrubby perenials. They do bloom and have some color. Each year I say I am going to plant some "flowers" instead of just plants, but so far....

I am about 2/3 of the way done with my June socks. I still hope to finish them by the end of the month. I had better get busy.

Have a good evening.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh I feel your pain. My mum and dad came down and put some cedar in my front beds on the weekend and their dog was lying in the BLACK mulch, she's completely white underneath YUCK!
    Messy dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post- dogs can make such a mess- and they do it so quickly!
    Your garden looks terrific! Plants instead of flowers is a good idea! It looks just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing & crying! Oh mys goodness...Pet, gotta love 'em! Things look good there now though! :o)

    ReplyDelete