Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stormy skies and flat tires.

It is now 8:30 pm and finally all is well with my world.
Around 6 this evening our son called to tell us that the truck had a flat tire (our son is 30 and works for us surveying). Dale had a meeting this evening at 6:30 so he loaded up the floor jack in his pickup and was going to take it to our son. I reminded him that it was after 6 and that he had a meeting so I would take the jack and a rain coat to our son. Oh, did I forget to mention that it was raining and storming? Well it was. Anyway, when I got to Josh he was already soaked since he had been out in the rain trying to get the spare off of the truck. We had just gotten that truck last week so we ( and by we I mean Dale and Josh) were not familiar with the way the spare was released from under the truck. When I got there I got out the book and began to try to figure it out for him. I was trying to read the book and not get it all wet from the rain. Both of our trucks are Chevy's so he tried to get the spare out from under Dale's truck, but could not figure out the way. I called Dale on his cell phone and it began to ring --- beside me in the truck. Oh, well. So I called Dale's brother and asked him as he also has a Chevy. I got the trusty book out again and started reading it out loud to Josh. Finally he got the tire thingy on Dale's truck to work so we got his spare out (again, by we I mean Josh). pretty soon Dale's brother showed up behind my truck. He and his family were on their way in town to eat and he stopped to see if he could help. By that time Josh had gotten the spare from the one that I was driving to drop down so he could use it. The tires were not the same size but since we were only going about 3 miles it was ok. He finally got the truck all put back together and we both headed down the road. We had only gone about a half mile when it began to rain so hard that you could barely see. Now that is timing and I said Thank you to God for letting the rain hold off.
We are both at our respective homes and both are dry and comfy now. It was an exciting evening. In the morning Dale and Josh have to figure out how to get the spare off so they can put the spare back on Dale's truck so Josh can drive it to work. And we have to get the tire fixed.

I need to take some more pictures and put on my blog. Just lots of words can be boring.

Everyone have a good evening and a peaceful sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that typical? Your car- or truck or whatever- will never have a breakdown next to a service station on a warm, sunny day, that is probably just against the rules-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...at least it didn't rain--LOL! Hope all is well now...and that you got some peaceful sleep too...Happy Summer Days to you & yours! :o)

    ReplyDelete