Monday, September 3, 2007

A FO! Hooray!

I finished the baby sweater up this morning, went to town and got buttons, have blocked it and put the buttons on so now it is DONE and ready to be shipped off to VA.

Sissy will take it to a baby shower that they are having on the 8th for my nephew and his wife.. I really didn't think that I would have it done, but I have.

The pattern is called Rainbow Set as it is in a variegated yarn although I chose a solid pink. It is a variation on the feather and fan stitch. The designer is Margaret Jones of Port Alerni, British Columbia, Canada. I got the pattern from a knitting calendar that my son and his wife got me for Christmas last year. It is a really quick knit. I started it this past Thursday morning and finsihed it today, about 4 days to finish, not bad.

The yarn is Bernat Baby Softee, I used US size 4 Hiya Hiya circular needles I did change the pattern in that the front edge was to be all in garter stitch and on the first repeat I forgot and did stockinette. So I did every other repeat in stockinette. Oh, well, it looks fine. Also, when I finished I did not like the unfinished look so I did a 5DC scallop all around the front two sides and the neck edge, the hem edge has a scallop from the feather and fan.

Now to start on my Sept Sockamania socks as soon as I print out the pattern.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely jacket for a little princess!
    We don't do babyshowers in Norway- or bridal ones- but it seems like a really good idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is wonderful, Judy! I just love that soft pink color--baby perfect! Lucky the little one who gets to wear this! Happy Day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job of it, Judy. It gives me such a thrill to see what others make with my patterns.
    Marg

    ReplyDelete