Sunday, September 16, 2007

Good Sunday morning.

We are back from Cincy and glad to be home. I always like taking a trip, whether long or short, but I am always glad to get home. I miss my babies. All were fine and were glad to see Mommy back home so they would get their treats and loving.
I got a Comfort Zone with Feliway for my kitty babies while we were away. One of them has scratching and marking issues. I had read a lot of good comments about this so I decided to try it. Hope it works. I'll try to remember to post progress.
I should have mentioned on the last post that that is not our Harley. It belongs to one of our employees. I am not a motorcycle person. I rode on one with hubby once and it scared the crap out of me When we would go around a corner I could not lean. I just knew that if I did we were going to fall over. Needless to say it made it very hard for hubby. Thank goodness he is not into street cycles either. He did go through an enduro phase shortly after we were married but it did not last that long. He rode when most of the riders did not have the big fancy boots, pads, and such. Old clothes and a helmet was pretty much the norm. Of course I am talking about 30+ years ago.
I found a store to go in and get a size 12 steel crotchet hook on Friday evening so I did start my MS3 but I only got about 10 rows done. I need to find or make some system of keeping track of the rows other than just using a row counter. I'll work on that this week. What little I did was fun but no pictures so far.
Have almost finished the first Sept Sockamania sock. I seem to have almost lost my knitting mojo. A short time ago every chance I got to sit down I would grab my knitting and go to it. Now I just sit and think that I should be knitting. Maybe I have made it a MUST so I don't want to do it. Hope it comes back again.
That is all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you had a nice trip! About the MS3: I keep a piece of paper next to my knitting, and after every wrong side row, I write down the number of the right side row I just completed.(So I only write every other row...) I've done this for years (have knitted lace at least 20 years...). It's the way that works best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was working on MS3 (and I use this for all my lace projects), I use a highlighter pen and color the rows as I finish. It works especially well for MS3 because the charts are all unique (I just taped together the pieces). I tend to change colors every 5-10 rows because it helps my eye find the right place. When I do repeating patterns (say the Waving Lace sock) I actually rechart in excel, put as many little charts on a page as possible, and print out. Then do the felt tip thing. I know it's pretty anal, but I usually knit in the evenings and I'm tired, my eyes are tired, and much as I try, I tend to suck at memorizing patterns (lol--I'm blaming that on middle age!) so the technique works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only halfway through my MS3 stole. Lost the mojo somewhere along the line. And I've still not started my 2nd September sock. But the October socks are nearlyfinished (both of them). I only did one for the September pattern as I was a bit short of time.

    Thank you Judy for being one of my PIFers. can you e-mail me with our address please and what sorts of colours you like and really hate. Any allergies (fibre/yarn wise)?

    Use this e-mail anniknitsAThotmail.co.uk Replace AT with @.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete