Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A couple of pair of socks.

Well, I did it again. I managed to post just the title of the post and not put anything there. I am not sure how I do it but I do. LOL, at least I can fix it.

I have finished two pair of socks but have not posted them.

The first is April Sockamania. I am really not a fan of Intarsia as I just cannot get my tension right so the socks end up being tight over the heel. At least this time I can get the socks on so I didn't have to give them away. These were made out of KP Palette. I don't recall the colors used or the size needle used. I did them top down using ML.















The next pair is May Sockamania. They were done in Patrons Kroy Sock yarn, using KP Harmony size 1 (foot) & 2 ( leg because I knit cables tight). I did them toe up and used a sewn cast off.

I finally managed to finish a pair of socks in the month that they were supposed to be.



My hubby and I joined Weight Watchers a week ago Monday. So far we are really enjoying it. There are so many things that are good to eat and we can still eat them. We have also been having fun in the kitchen coming up with new recipes.

One evening last week we were fixing pasta, shrimp, and black beans. Since the pasta was without sauce my hubby said to just put his beans on top of the pasta. I kind of cringed at the idea at first but then thought that there was not sauce so why not try it. It was delicious! We sauteed the shrimp with a bit of butter and some Caribbean Jerk seasoning. We liked it so well that we had it again this evening.

Also we were told at meeting to make brownies with black beans instead of the milk, egg, and oil. Believe it or not, they tasted just like regular brownies! Even my finicky daughter did not know that they were different.

As we come up with new dishes I will share them.

Have a nice evening.

3 comments:

  1. Very impressed with your colorwork socks--the blue green look great together! I'm still a novice with color work--like you I have a continual problem with getting the tension right, just have not found the trick yet to that. Best of luck and fun with Weight Watchers! I've had those black bean brownies before--they are delish! Since I don't eat meat, I have several recipes that use beans and pasta together--it's a good combo and you get your protein! So glad you've been visiting me at my place and to have found your blog again. Happy Weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yarn you've used for both pairs of socks!
    Have a nice day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks. I should be going to WW but haven't been for 2 months. I'd love that Brownie recipe.

    ReplyDelete