Sunday, May 27, 2007

Such a beautiful weekend

This weekend has been beautiful so far. The weather is so lovely that my DH decided to open the pool. Usually it is mid June and he still has not done it. Now if it only stays warm so that it will warm up and we can use it.
I haven't done a whole lot of knitting so far this weekend. Yesterday I suffered with a migraine so I knitted at knitting but did not really accomplish much.I did finish off the first curvy lace sock that I thought I was knitting for my sister. As I knit along I realized that the sock was quite a bit smaller than the first pair I had knit. When I got to looking at the specs it said to use sport weight yarn and # 3 needles. I was using fingering weight and #2's. So I guess my niece who is only 10 will get this pair. Since I want to have a pair done for Sissy when we go down to visit I put that sock away for now and started the curvy lace in the bamboo because it is sport weight. I only have the ribbing and about 8 rows of pattern done. While DH was washing the vehicles today I took the camera out and took some pictures. If I can locate the cable to the camera I will up load them and post some. The trees around the house are really looking lovely and the lawn was just mowed yesterday by DH so it all looks so nice.
This lovely brutess is my "puppy". She will be 8 in about a week and a half. She still thinks that she is a tiny little thing and I love her to pieces!
This is DH's dog.She just showed up one Saturday morning last year and has been with us ever since.




Here are a couple of picturs from my front yard. We are pretty much surrounded by trees.

Guess I will quit here for now.

Eveyone have a lovely week.

3 comments:

  1. it looks great around you! It is good to have some space, don't you think? Love the dog too. My daughters wants a dog, and I keep saying no, since I know who will end up caring for it-LOL!
    Thanks for telling me about Annis grandad, I sent her an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog I really wanted to show was my Katie. She is a Saint Bernard and is beautiful. Anyone who has seen the movie Beethoven know what my Katie looks like. She is a dead ringer for him. I tried two different days to post her picture but it just would not post. It showed it there in the preview once, but not when it went to the blog. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comments! Sweet dog! I love dogs. Had one years ago, but he is gone. Now we have a cat, who I love to bits, he's our fur-baby. All your knitting is wonderful! I've yet to master sock knitting, and knitting with beads, but I love to knit much else. You have a nice blog started here--I look forward to coming back. Happy Days! :o)

    ReplyDelete