Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday afternoon

It is about 4:15 Sunday afternoon and it is finally warm again. It is in the 70's so it is very pleasant.
I have been working on a charity sweater that I am designing myself. This is my first attempt at designing anything in knitting. Wish me luck. I have the body done and am working on the sleeves and yoke. I intend for it to have no seams. Maybe there is already loads of patterns out there such as this, I don't know, but mine will be mine. If it is like someone elses it is purely accident.
It won't have any great patterning in it or anything fancy. basically just stockinette and garter stitch. When it is finished I will post a picture.
Speaking of pictures, I have some of other items I have knit here recently. The first is a baby bunting that I made for my sister-in-laws new little niece, but I did not finish it in time so I still have it.


I have 3 more babies coming my way, a great-niece, my daughter's friend's baby, and one of our employees wife is pregnant. I should be able to give it to one of them. It would be a shame to let it just lie here and never be used.I'll have to ponder on who gets it.











The next picture is a shrug that I also did for my SIL's niece and again did not get it to her in time. I intended it for Easter but again, no luck. This one though will still fit her this fall so I still plan to give it to her. I just need to put a button at the neck. It looks so disproportionate since it is a shrug. The sleeves look like they are made for a giant, LOL.

Next is a draw string bag that I knit for my niece. It was for her birthday in February but we did not get down to NC to take it. So just as soon as we get down there I will take it to her. I still need to get some beads to put on the ends of the purse strings. I am not sure what kind I want to use. I guess I will just have to start looking for them.
There seems to be a theme going on here, doesn't there? I am slow to get things finished up, or maybe it is just that I hate to work so hard on them and have them leave me, LOL. No, it is just that I am slow.
Guess I will stop here for the day on posting pictures.
Maybe I can post a little more often now. I have a laptop over here at the house and it has wireless so I can connect to the internet if I go out on my deck. I hated to try to post while at work, it just didn't seem fair to my hubby. Now I can do it in the evening as long as the weather is dry.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I really like that babybunting! I've had an idea for making one- but haven't gotten so far yet-lol. Your niece is bound to love that purse!
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete