Tuesday, October 21, 2008

more socks




I got pictures of my October Sockamania socks this morning. As usual I can't seem to get a picture with good detail of the design. One of these days I may figure out the secret to doing good pictures but I am not going to hold my breath waiting. I tried putting them on and that did not help either. So there they are. The yarn is called Alpaca Sox. It is 60% alpaca, 20% merino wool, and 20% nylon. I did my usual toe up, ML, two at once on my KP Options size 1's.

When I had them on my feet they felt really soft and luxurious. I think they are going to be a cold weather sock, so I will have to wait a bit to wear them. Even my cold feet are not ready for them yet.

Here is a picture of my "kitchen". It does a really nice job here. I would go crazy if this were all I had at home to try to cook on. Last evening I fixed chicken in mushroom soup w/ biscuits on the side. The chicken was so moist, tender, and delicious. I was going to have mashed potatoes with it but the potatoes in the deli really looked dried out and icky. I was going to get a can of some veggie and forgot to. Now what to fix for this evening?
My cold is really bad now. I can barely whisper and my thoat is so sore I can barely swallow. I guess I am going to have to go get me something for the sore throat. I need to get some Nyquil to make me sleep, but that is a problem since I get up at 5:30 to fix D's bucket while he takes Betsie out for her morning walk. I'll just suffer through.

2 comments:

  1. I used to have a stove like that-although with two cookingzones-the first time I lived away from home!I'd hate to have to go back to it now...
    Too bad about your cold! Drink lots of tea with lemon and honey, that's the solution around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice socks. The yarn sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete