Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nothing

Nothing special to tell today, my cold has still got me down so I haven't made it out to the craft stores. Maybe tomorrow.

After finishing my socks I started working on a sweater but I am not sure the yarn is going to work with the pattern. It may be to soft and drapey. So I took some leftover sock yarn and decided to make a pair of fingerless mitts. They are an easy knit and I do like to wear them this time of year.


Tonight for dinner D and I are having porkchops in gravy and a baked potato. I bought green beans for dinner last night but we didn't have them. I need a can opener to get them out of the can and I don't have one here and I did not want to go buy one. So I will take them home and fix them there.


Last evening I baked a pack of chocolate chip cookies for D to take to the plant site with him. He likes to take in sweets occassionally so when I was out shopping yesterday I decided to get a package of them and bake them. If I place them just right I can get 8 on a tray at one time. Since there was only 20 in the pack it didn't take too long to do them.

Doesn't Betsie look sad? That is her normal look. She has the Saint Bernard sad face. She is in her bed here in the hotel room. She spends quite a bit of her day in there since we have been down here. I guess it is her safe and familiar place. The only time we shut the door on it is when we leave the room to go eat or something. The rest of the time she has freedom to stay in there or out in the room, her choice.

2 comments:

  1. "Mama, PLEASE give me a chewie treat!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog - I always wonder who reads and why but don't get many "new" commenters. I've never seen a St. German - cute! I'm ready to go back to SW VA anytime! - lc2

    ReplyDelete