Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pay It Forward

Almost a year ago I answered a Pay It Forward comment on Anni's blog. I kept meaning to post it here but I was very sketchy about posting then. Well, I am doing it now. The first 3 people (I am really optimistic here, LOL) will get a handmade gift from me. I am not sure just what it will be but it will be handmade. So if you want a nice surprise in the mail, leave a comment. (Edited to add: Since I am so long in doing this anyone who answers is not going to have to pay it on. If you wish, it stops here.)

Yesterday afternoon my little playmate came over and we played on the Nintendo and had a really nice afternoon. She told me stories again, had a snack and cried when she had to go back to her room. That made me feel good that she wanted to stay with me but bad because I made her cry by taking her back. I really had to since I needed to take BetsieBoo for her afternoon walk.
Right after she got here she made me cover my boo-boo with a band aid as she didn't want to see it.
Today I am leaving the band aid off as much as possible since the sticky stuff has made a sore spot on my hand. I really don't need any other trauma on it. :)

Having Betsie here with me is good for my weight loss efforts. We go out 3 times a day and walk for 30 minutes. I am sure it is 30 minutes each time since I check my watch. Sometimes after only 5 minutes it seems like it should be time to come in but I hang in there for the full 30 minutes.

I am knitting on my Tailored With a Twist sweater. The pattern was in March 200 Creative Knitting magazine. This is the sweater that I made out of wool/alpaca/silk yarn, wore it for about a year, washed it and it smelled like wet sheep, washed it again and forgot to set the washer on delicate and felted the danged thing. I loved that sweater so much I decided to redo it in the yarn it called for. I am not loving it as much. I just hope to finish it. The yarn called for is Cotton Fleece from Brown Sheep. That yarn is 80% cotton and 20% merino wool. It is nice yarn, just not what I had before.
As soon as I get home I am going to my LYS and get my baby alpaca wound in large balls and I will start that sweater. I am really wanting to do that one. I found a pattern, but it is at home and I can't remember what it is or where I got it. I'll post that later.

It is time for a nap as I didn't sleep well last night, had a tummy ache and a bathroom problem. Oh, well.

Everyone have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad the stitches aren't in a place to interfere with knitting? Peppermint is excellent for all manner of tummy troubles. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you won't have to wait too much longer for our PIF present I promise. A year is long enough!

    ReplyDelete